Storage, Handling and Serving Advice
Schubert, one of the founders of Bravo! and the company's national sales
manager, and Cricket.
She is also the in-house expert on all things raw diet, so who better to
introduce you to feeding a raw diet? We have broken each topic down into five
online videos including why you should feed a raw diet, the Bravo! product
line, advice on product storage and handling, preparation of a dogís or catís
daily meal and cleanup. If you are new to the idea of feeding a raw diet, we
recommend you start with Why Feed a Bravo! Raw Diet and view all five topics.
Click on the video segment you would like to view:
To view the online videos, you will need to have a current version of Windows Media Player.
Other movie viewers compatible with these video files include Quick Time Player from Apple’s or Adobe Media Viewer.
Some raw food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness to you or the animals you are feeding if mishandled. (Note all Bravo! Raw Diet products are tested by an independent lab prior to leaving our plant for the presence of selected bacteria.)
For your protection, please follow these instructions for safest use.
Keep frozen until ready to use. Keep meat and poultry separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces, utensils (including cutting boards, preparation and feeding bowls), hands, and any other items that touch or contact raw meat or poultry with hot soapy water. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Bravo! 2 lb. and 5 lb. and 10 lb. chubs.
- 2 lb. chub: Allow 24 hours to defrost a 2 lb chub in refrigerator and 3-4 hours to defrost a 2 lb chub on the countertop at room temperature.
- 5 lb. or 10 lb. chub: Allow 36 hours to defrost it in the refrigerator and 4-6 hours to defrost it on the counter at room temperature.
- Please defrost any Bravo! chub or any packaged product on a plate or in a sealed container to avoid having any meat juices etc. come in contact with other food or contents of your refrigerator.
- Thawing Tips:
- If need be you can use the cold water fast thaw method on a chub:
- Allow 45-60 minutes in a cold water bath for a 2 lb chub and up to 2 hours for a 5 lb. or 10 lb. chub.
- Remember to place the thawing chub in a bowl or non-plastic covered container or on a plate. Do not leave the chub on the counter where the defrosting meat and juices might leak on to the counter.
- We do not recommend using a microwave to defrost any size chub.
Full-size - 4oz. or 8 oz. Burger:
Generally a 4 oz. or 8 oz. burger will thaw and be ready to serve 6-8 hours after being placed in the refrigerator from the freezer.
- Remember to place the thawing burgers on a plate or in a non-plastic covered container.
- Do not remove the burger from the EZ Peel overwrap vacuum sealed package while it thaws.
- Serve immediately after removing the overwrap.
- Once thawed, product should be served within 1-2 days.
- Carefully wash bowl or plate or any plate or storage device with hot, soapy water before reuse.
- If you have thawed the burger, please do not leave it out at room temperature after it has thawed. You should be careful to serve it immediately or keep it in the refrigerator for safe storage.
- If you need to do a fast thaw, do not use a microwave. Run cold tap water over the burger while it is still sealed in the package for about 5-10 minutes and serve it when it is thawed, but still chilled.